WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Harem Pants and the Lack Thereof

So what is the actual name of that billowy garment associated with harem girls and belly dancers?  Harem Pants?  Turkish Trousers?  Genie Jeans?  I am uncultured and do not know.  Nevertheless, they are almost featured in this week's WolfieToon at "Discipline & Desire!"



And on that note--  did Jeannie just get a swat on her beautiful bottom?!








Well, no, not really!  Sorry!  Those pics are from the first season episode, "Jeannie and the Marriage Caper," after Captain (rank is correct) Nelson had shoved his Japanese Houseboy (Jeannie in disguise) away from the table via an elbow to the hip before he/she said something compromising to his fiance (!) and her father.  

And changing channels, here's young Diana Rigg as Emma Peel, undercover without much cover in "The Avengers" episode "Honey For the Prince.."



As she is shuffled off to the Harem, Emma hitches up those Turkish Trousers before they have to reshoot the scene for mid-1960's American TV:




 

And... 


Uh... 

Now I forgot what I was writing...

Writing, oh, yeah!  There are some fine stories over at ""D & D" this week. with some favorites who have been away returning!  Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Great toon! I wouldn't want to watch someone else get what I wanted either. ;-) And you piqued my interest. I googled the belly dancer pants and it seems they are most commonly called harem pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lea, for the research, the answer, and the 'toon compliments! I wonder if Harem Pants will be the next big fashion trend after leggings and yoga pants? I'll keep my eyes peeled!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE your new WolfieToon, DW! The spoiled princess (aren't all princesses spoiled?) punished by NOT being spanked. A classic Dave Wolfe twist of the tail,...er, I mean tale. Actually no I don't as you've twisted many an imp tail in your time, Mr. D-WolfeMan.

    And those are great photos of two fabulous women from my youth who helped get me through puberty. I know Barbara Eden is one of your all-time favorites, DW, and I also lusted after her, especially in those harem pants, but Diana Rigg really floated my boat as the kick-butt Emma Peel. Maybe it was all that leather she wore. Skin tight leather I should add.

    Oh, and when it comes to harem pants (thanks for confirming that is the correct term, Lea) while they are sexy I prefer the "Lack Thereof" as noted in the title of this post, DW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike!

      Yes, someday I must publish "Tails of the Impish." But I'll have to write it first.

      Betcha saw Devlin's tribute to Diana Rigg, too, eh? She sported many a fine costume on "The Avengers," from the leather kit which had its origins with her predecessor, Cathy Gale (Honor Blackman) to "The Queen of Sin" outfit, her feminine takes on Robin Hood and Oliver Twist, and of course, the colorful "Emma Peeler" catsuits from her second and last season on the show!

      Yowza!!

      Delete
  3. I think the appeal of harem pants that you, Michael, and all Tops is a-pealing them off a naughty girl. ;-)

    I have to say, I wouldn't take too kindly to see some other girl getting my spanking. Of course that wouldn't happen too often. 0:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the descention of harem pants is quite an appealing notion, Kaki Dear!!

      You wouldn't want any other gleeful imp getting your spanking? You're not committing a fibhood, are you? Why, I've often seen sisters-in-mischief tossed under the spanking bus! But, wait, I guess in that case it wouldn't be "your" spanking, but "hers!" OK, never mind.

      Delete