WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Imp Anthem!




From the 1930 movie "Follow Through," Ms Zelma O'Neal (no relation) sings the Imp Anthem-- "I Want To Be Bad!"


Of course, we all know that, Now as Then, such Naughty Impulses must be properly addressed!








Especially is your Imp is improperly dressed.  



No, no, no, not like that at all!  That's always good.  I mean, like wearing girdles during a spanking:



(And you know she did that on purpose, girdles are really hard to find these days!!) 

Or like stealing your fella's favorite T-shirt and then getting it all stretched out of shape.




Or breaking Tops' Toys




Or, for that matter, breaking Tops.




Or carelessly wearing very expensive jewelry to Pottery Class.




Or spying on the neighbors like Gladys Kravitz..



Or sneaking off for a snooze when you're supposed to be doing outdoor chores.




Or cutting off the tops of Van Johnson's socks and trying to make him believe you're too young to know that was wrong. 




So-- you Imps had better play your cards right



Or the Gobble-uns Wolfies'll git ya 
Ef you
Don't 
Watch 
Out!


 



13 comments:

  1. That National Lampoon cover is an absolute classic! And an early part of my personal collection...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great one, eh? I can't remember if I saw it on the newsstand in the university bookstore my freshman year! I wouldn't have bought it then, I was still living at home and didn't know how to explain myself! :D

      Delete
  2. Your picture "taking a powder" I've seen also called "how to spank a naked ghost" but I can't locate it in my files right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've forgotten the details, Charlie, like what mag it's from, but as I recall, the story has an astronaut landing on a planet of invisible imp women and he can't figure out how to give a necessary spanking until hitting on the idea of making her bottom visible via his trusty can of talcum powder! :D

      Delete
    2. "invisible" - that was the word. I found it. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I remember that cover so well! It had me looking for more....covers and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Minelle? These Kids Today and their new-fangled InterWebs have no idea what it was like to be startled by something on the newsstand, or on the fleeting TV or movie screen, and have to go on a feverish hunt!

      Delete
  4. (laughing) I love my personal collection of Wolfie caricatures. You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave, love this collection and the face on Wolfie holding the broken, smoking paddle. hahaha

    I thought the invisible girl was a ghost and thought, oh no, I'm going to get spanked in the after life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my joy to make you laugh, Kaki!

      I have done a few ghosts in WolfieToons, including a pair that are supposed to look like Cary Grant and Constance Bennett from the movie "Topper" spanking a young woman who is supposed to look like "Ghost Wisperer" Jennifer Love Hewitt, and I called it "Top Her."

      Come to think of it, in the TV version of "Topper," ghost Kerby spanked his wife once!

      So your afterlife joys may include spanking after all!!

      Delete
  6. LOL! What a bunch of naughty imps! Aren't they charming? What would all you Tops do without us?

    That song is hilarious! When she says "Some reformer says a warmer climate awaits you," she was probably talking about H E Double Hockey Sticks, right? Not that other kind of warm... And anyway, men LOVE to be vamped!

    What a fun post! :-)

    P.S. Van Johnson framed that girl. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks, Larken! Yes, indeed, those Imps are all wicked and charming! You reminded me of the song lyric, "Thank Heaven for naughty girls! Without them what would spankin' boys do?"

      I'm told Zelma O'Neal was one of Broadways' big stars back in the day, and it's hard to imagine that someone so fun and feisty never enjoyed a helluva spankin'!

      And you would know, being yourself a scamp, a camp, and a bit of a tramp, you V-A-M-P, Vamp! ;)


      Oh, Mr, Johnson is "taming," not "framing."

      Delete