WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

Thursday, December 26, 2013

"Werewolf?!" "There! THERE Wolf!"



"DISCIPLINE & DESIRE" editor Nattie Jones wanted me to share this particular WolfieToon with you here because, for technical and inexplicable reasons, it hadda come off our FREE PAGE.  

Now, if you find this cartoon oddly unseasonal,  bear in mind that James Whale's "Frankenstein," with Colin Clive, Boris Karloff and company, was the hit of 1931's Christmas season!  And I'll have a New Year's Post here soon!  Behold:




And, just for grins, here are some of the preliminary sketches for this cartoon as I was groping toward the proper staging and look to "sell" Larken's gag!




 

2 comments:

  1. First off, DW, "Young Frankenstein" is one of my all-time favorite movies. Mel Brooks at the top (Top) of his game. Hilarious actors, Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Madeline Kahn, Teri Garr, Marty Feldman, (What hunp?) Cloris Leachman, Kenneth Mars playing it straight which makes the movie all the more hysterical.

    Love your Wolfietoon, and thanks to Nattie from D&D for giving the okay to release it for whatever reason. Larken's quip is priceless! Give that imp a good girl spanking. And thanks for giving us a little insight into the creative Wolfie process. Peeking into your mind wasn't as scary as I would have thought. Rather fun actually, which I would have expected. And to get a peek into my warped mind I did a double at your WolfieToon when I first saw the Wolfie's right knee and thigh and mistook it for another body part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so THAT'S why werewolves usually wear pants!! The women's breaths come in short pants!

      Thanks, Mike! "YF" is one of my very favorites, too, and I guess you've heard Gene Wilder talking about writing "Young Frankenstein" with Mel. I like the musical version, too, and am wondering if it's in movie production. Here's a link to my favorite number from the Broadway show, "ROLL IN THE HAY!"

      Delete