WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

Monday, August 4, 2014

More Wolfie Beach Fun: Original Art!



There's a Revealing Detail from one of the latest WolfieToons at "DISCIPLINE & DESIRE!"  

I thought it might be fun to show you some of the original black-and-white art for other "D&D" beach-themed cartoons! 





The beach party almost doesn't need the lettering and gag!  (But just so you know, he's singing, "Wild Thing!  I'll make your butt sting!")  The next one, though, is kinda bare without more:



So:



For some reason this particular gag has been a favorite of cartoonists for a long time;  here is my first pencil sketch for it. 




Then the inked version, which-- perhaps appropriately enough-- has been slightly water-damaged.




And now, the finished cartoon:  



Enjoy the rest of your summer!!


4 comments:

  1. Love the spanking pictures. What I really liked was the differences in the same picture. I am not an artist but I can appreciate it. I like the first picture the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blondie!

      The process is, I start a cartoon in pencil, then go over it with ink-- which makes it "cleaner" and easier to scan-- then I color and letter it on the computer.

      And several people have told me they liked that bikini bottom coming down! The joy of anticipation!

      Delete
  2. Great Dangers in the Deep illustration.

    On blogposts, I usually look at images first then come back and read the text and honestly thought the version with the water-damage was intentional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Enzo-- yeah, I wish it had been a deliberate joke!

      Truth is, I went all George Lucas on "Dangers of the Deep" here and recolored the background, because I have better computer stuff now than when I first did it, so the water looks more like what I wanted it to!

      Delete