WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

Friday, September 23, 2022

Erica Scott Birthday Week!

Thursday, September 22, was the birthday of my lovely friend and one of the most remarkable raconteurs in the world,  the one, the only-- Erica Scott!!


Fellow Pluviophile!!



My near-crippling day job and other pressing art commitments prevented me doing a new cartoon for her birthday this time around, so I'll show some previous ones here!

In case you think, "Wolfie, you're late even for that!", I'll tell you that in my family there is an unofficial tradition of Birthday Week, in which celebratory shenanigans and all appropriate considerations are given three days before and three days after, as well as the actual birthdate!  

So-- Behold!

Starting with a Wolfieoon in which-- Gasperoonies!!-- there is no Actual Spankage!!

Butt, of course, that can't last!

Neither can many implements!


I just read Erica's story from this year's Oasis Party in Las Vegas in which a friendly fan met her, and had that very 'toon on his phone!

My, how these things get around!!

Speaking of traveling:


"Say, lookit John, willya?"

On a related note, you younger youngsters may not remember "Falcon Crest," nor "Dark Shadows," unless you've stumbled onto the various Rerun TV Channels, but you might have encountered David Selby as Brubaker in the series "Legion" that ran wayyyy back in 2017 to 2018.

(I kid, but, after all, four years is probably a much larger percentage of your life than mine just now!)

Well, David first caught our attention as Quentin Collins in the '60s gothic afternoon soap opera "Dark Shadows"--  especially Young Erica's.

(A WolfieBlog Bonus-- Download, or Print, and Color!!)


So naturally, Selby was at this party!


I have praised Erica's acting skills before;  she can take on any number of roles, serious or whimsical, with great aplomb!

(That might be a Sound Effect:  Aplomb!  Aplomb!)


Anyhootenanny, I'm glad you're COVID Negative now, and feeling better, Erica, and may any delayed joy and enjoyment be all the sweeter for it!

Loads O Love!

4 comments:

  1. You are the absolute best, Wolfie! We go way back (Wayback, har har), don't we? Over 20 years? I love looking at these and seeing all the fun little details again. You are an amazing talent in your own right, my friend. Thank you for all these efforts, and for always thinking of me and bringing me cheer. Love you!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, Erica! It's always been my delight to do something to please you!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Wolfie, for a beautiful celebration of a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete