WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

WolfieToons by Dave Wolfe

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Mr. O'Neill, Hail and Farewell


 I am very sad tonight.  A very fine and funny man has died, my friend Devlin O'Neill.

Dev's intelligence and creative wit illuminated many a drab corner, and shored up many a shipwrecked victim.  He was a damn decent human being, the sort this tried and tired world can hardly afford to lose.  

It might seem strange to anyone outside "our circle" that the author of so much intense romantic spanking fiction and the star of several kinky Shadow Lane videos would be really be so loving and gentle, but there's no paradox.  His masculine strength and sense of play easily won the hearts of all of his female fans, who gave him the affectionate nickname "Uncle Dev." 

To be honest, some of his sexual fantasy runs into extremities that don't really appeal to me, but there is a lot that I do enjoy, especially his parodies.  Look over his list of books HERE!

He certainly earned our respect.  At one point in his career, Devlin served in the Military, another example of his sense of duty and honor.  He was a man of strong convictions, but I never saw him rant hysterically.  As an example, he did urge everyone in our last election to "choose decency over depravity, charity over avarice, democracy over fascism, honor and respect over four horrifying years of daily humiliation upon the world stage." 


Dev had just turned seventy.  You may have seen his reply to my birthday greeting two posts ago:  "This is my big Seven-Oh, so I've made the three-score and ten marker the ancients talk about.  Everything from here on out is just frosting on the cake. ;-) "

I knew he was very quietly and courageously fighting cancer, but I didn't know it was about to take him.  And I hope I'm not offending his wishes or his loved ones with that "revelation."

Dev loved Bogart and Marx Brothers movies, Shakespeare plays, and Mark Twain's prose, claiming (facetiously, I think) that he shamelessly stole from the best sources.  This weekend I will see a local production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream," and think of him.

He often called me "DeeDubya," 

I shall miss him very much. 


And thank you, Audrey, for the pictures, and your love for us. 


(This is Audrey's Notice.)

21 comments:

  1. What sad news. I am so sorry Devlin has left us. He was a prince among men.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was indeed, Hermione, well said. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Hermione, he sure was. Hi! Dave thank you! Bye for now, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fine tribute, well said. He will be remembered.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Prefectdt. I have been encouraged to see empathetic, intelligent, and caring "youngsters" to carry on, and Dev certainly left a good path to follow!

      Delete
  4. Still hard just two days later to believe he is gone. I've followed the blite for years and saved many of the pinups he sent over the years, he will be truly missed in our little corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even so, Scunge! It's always an empty feeling when you think, the first few times, "Hey, he'll want to hear this!" or "What did he have to say today?" and remember he's gone!

      Delete
  5. I'm sure he is watching over us with his gunmetal blue eyes as he described once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest in peace, Dev. Your work was always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful tribute to our friend, Wolfie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wolfie, that was a lovely tribute. A sad day.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ronnie. Too much of this kind of thing is happening lately!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, Brigitte; to quote the Bard, "He was a man take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again."

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear this sad news Wolfie. That was a beautiful tribute to him. I hope you are ok and I'm sending you lots of hugs.

    Take care of yourself.

    lmn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, li'l pixie!! Hugs are always welcome and appreciated!!

      Delete
  11. A wonderful tribute. Well done. Make certain to keep enjoying every day that we have, because it all ends far too soon. Cindy had a stroke almost four weeks ago, and she is recovering well, walking with and without a cane, and almost full strength on the weakened side. Not the fun purpose we spankos think of when thinking of a cane.
    bottoms up
    red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father was taken down with a stroke some years ago, Red, so I am very, very pleased to hear how well Cindy is healing! May she continue to gain strength and may you both fully relish all the joy of life!

      Delete